The BARTech WindWings by Yara Marine Technologies is an advanced wind-assisted propulsion and route optimization system.
We provide turnkey WindWings solutions that reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by up to 30% on average trading patterns.
Harness the power of the wind
We deliver a complete business case with payback time and ROI based on your chosen fuel cost and carbon tax.
Simulations demonstrate up to 30% fuel savings on average global routes with no speed reduction.
Contact our sales team for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are WindWings?
WindWings provide substantial reductions in fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Designed by the innovative naval architects at BAR Technologies, the WindWings system combines dynamic multi-element wings and advanced route optimization to harness the power of the wind. This results in significantly improved fuel efficiency.
WindWings are designed for low OpEx with easy operation and low maintenance:
- The wings are fitted to the deck of the vessel, but can be folded away at the touch of a button
- The system is automated, which means no additional crew is required
- With our global service organization standing by, customers are guaranteed maximum uptime
- All components are made from high-quality, durable, marine-grade materials
- Efficient, robust, reliable, and safe by design
Efficient, robust, reliable, and safe are our guiding principles throughout every part of the design process.
We manage the complete implementation of WindWings on your vessel.
Why choose WindWings?
Yara Marine has 10+ years of experience in introducing new, green technologies to the maritime industry throughout the value chain. We provide turnkey solutions and handle everything from engineering, procurement, production, and installation to complete service and training.
With shipping entering the EU emissions trading scheme (ETS), the cost of CO2 emissions will increase year by year. We also expect several new initiatives to follow the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) 2030 and 2050 carbon targets. Use wind-assisted propulsion to cut costs, curb emissions, and prepare your fleet for the future.
WindWings can deliver a 30 % reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions on average global routes with no speed reduction. Easy operation and low maintenance result in low operational costs .
Key features of the WindWings system:
- Safe and easy to operate
- Robust and reliable technology
- Suitable both for retrofits and new builds
- Configurable for different vessel types and sizes
- We provide service, maintenance, and crew training
See how WindWings operate in BAR Technologies’ virtual showroom.