Expert training onsite and online.
We train your crew in operational excellence when using your chosen technology.
Yara Marine Training Academy
Training your crew in the components and functions of your chosen technology reduces the threat of downtime and unexpected challenges, and enhances the use of your system.
Training can be arranged onsite or online with a dedicated instructor.
SOx scrubber training
Proper scrubber training leads to a wide range of benefits:
- Save fuel with more efficient operation
- Save time with more efficient maintenance
- Save spare parts
- Reduce scrubber downtime
- Reduce OpEx and total cost
- Extend scrubber lifetime
- Ensure long-term compliance with SOx regulations
- Prevent damage to other components
Training program modules
Our scrubber training program is divided into 6 modules:
General, Legal, Operation, Components, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting.
Each module focuses on what crew members need to know to be able to effectively operate and maintain the scrubber system in a safe way.
Each participant receives a signed certificate of training upon completion.
Main learning objectives
- Understand the working principles and operational functions of the scrubber system
- Build comprehensive understanding of the scrubber system to ensure detailed knowledge
- Increased safety and equipment reliability
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Understand the regulations and documents governing system operation, as well as compliance with regulatory requirements
- A more confident crew operating and maintaining the scrubber system to secure compliance and minimize downtime
Electrical and engine officers, technical staff, and superintendents.
Experience with daily work tasks on board a vessel.
Number of participants
Maximum 15 per training course.
Due to possible Covid-19 travel restrictions, we also offer the course in an online format.
Our online course introduces the scrubber system and its components with a focus on operation and maintenance, as well as important aspects relating to compliance and legal matters. The course also includes a simple introduction to troubleshooting and alarms.
We offer tailor-made training sessions upon request, in person or online. Contact our Training Academy for a discussion about your individual training needs. The scope of these custom training could include function, operation and maintenance training for your specific Yara Marine system and many more.
A trained crew makes better decisions
Contact our Training Academy for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org