Save Our Planet
Save Our Planet – SOP – is a new distress signal made for everyone who recognize the urgency to decarbonize the maritime industry, and who share our ambition of ensuring a healthy planet for future generations.
The time to act is now. Show your commitment to the green transition by broadcasting SOP.
#ActNow to #SaveOurPlanet
To state our message, we are reviving the old language of seafaring – the morse code.
As sailors once signaled SOS when they found themselves in dire straits, we are now signaling SOP.
Join us by endorsing this distress signal and sharing the hashtags #ActNow #SaveOurPlanet.
Last year, after the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change published their Sixth Assessment Report – labeled as “a code red for humanity” by UN Secretary General António Guterres – and with the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow fast approaching, we broadcasted the distress signal Save Our Planet – SOP – to highlight the urgency of maritime decarbonization and to encourage the maritime industry to face this challenge without further delay.
Read the first SOP letter by our CEO Thomas Koniordos
Following our initial broadcast of SOP, a wide range of industry stakeholders helped us spread the message by endorsing the distress signal throughout their communication channels. We were privileged to receive their support, and relieved to see that so many of our colleagues shared our concerns.
Now, nearly a year later, decarbonization is at the top of the agenda in the maritime industry, and we all know that change is inevitable – but even so, change is not occurring fast enough. Therefore, we are once again ringing the alarm and calling upon the whole industry to take decisive actions to accelerate the green transition.
Read the second SOP letter by our CEO Thomas Koniordos
The core of our message is simple: The time to act is now.
Even though we face a complex challenge and numerous uncertainties, there are many solutions available in the market today that have proven themselves both environmentally and economically, and that will continue to do so long into the future. If we seize these opportunities, we can achieve drastic reductions in both emissions and costs – from this very moment on. That is how we get the transition on track and begin saving our planet.
At Yara Marine Technologies, we are committed to helping our industry into the future. We stand ready to do our part by developing, implementing, and scaling up clean technologies that benefit the maritime industry on its decarbonization journey.
We ask you to join us in this pursuit by endorsing the distress signal SOP and sharing the hashtags #ActNow #SaveOurPlanet.
Together, we can be the change our industry needs and ensure a healthy planet for future generations.
Related articles by Yara Marine
- The building blocks of sustainability (CII) (27.02.23)
- Yara Marine: Collaborating on green futures (16.01.23)
- Scrubbers – A maritime mainstay (14.12.22)
- Yara Marine: Investing in the future (09.11.22)
- An inclusive decarbonisation strategy (Shore Power) (27.10.22)
- Future-proofing efficiency (11.10.22)
- The impact of experience for cleaner shipping (29.09.22)
- Yara Marine: Building an ecosystem of solutions (12.07.22)
- Acting now for a better future (05.07.22)
- A shared journey to greener operations (25.06.22)
- Data and sustainability (08.06.22)
- A holistic approach to going green (19.05.22)
- Decarbonizing for success (30.03.22)
- A future-proof portfolio (23.03.22)
- Optimising the adoption of human-centered technologies (26.01.22)
- Global route map (18.01.22)
- Improving fuel efficiency for inland waterways (08.12.21)
- The challenges of rapid industry compliance (01.12.21)
- Levelling the decarbonisation playing field (15.11.21)
- Accelerating widespread use of green technologies (28.09.21)