Do you want to be part of the journey to ensure a healthy planet for future generations? We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to join our team in Gothenburg.
Travel the globe, explore new environments and experience challenges. As Commissioning engineer, this is what you will do. It can be a ship in the Caribbean, an offshore platform in the arctic or in your office with your colleagues solving tomorrow´s problems with your technical knowledge. As a Commissioning Engineer, you will be the on-site representative during start-up, commissioning and service. The Commissioning Engineer ensures the systems operate as designed and constructed and makes recommendations to improve efficiency and system performance.
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Visits to vessels and customers to define projects
- Installation and commissioning of systems onboard vessels
- Adapting the systems and manuals for specific vessels
- Education of crew and other involved parties
- Documentation of projects
- Create follow-up reports for finished projects, and present these to the customer
- Aid in service and support issues and support administration and logging of support issues
Background and skills:
- Technical understanding of ships and automation systems onboard ships
- Bachelor´s degree within technical field is an advantage – marine-focused is preferable
- Experience within the marine industry is preferable
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- If you speak Swedish that is an advantage
- The position is located in our Gothenburg office but requires extensive travel to ships, yards, and customers.
As a person, you are creative with strong problem-solving skills and ability to think methodically when working on projects. To enjoy this position, you prefer to work in an including atmosphere. The Fast-paced international environment is where you use your combination of analytical and driven skills to deliver in time with good quality. Furthermore, you are service-minded and strive to ensure and maintain good customer relations.
What we offer:
Yara Marine offers the opportunity to be a part of a market-leading innovative global company at the forefront of green technologies for ships. An open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference.
Yara Marine is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing to do, but also the smart thing to do.
Sounds interesting? Apply