At London International Shipping week, Yara Marine Technologies and Wikborg Rein hosted a panel discussion exploring the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for the maritime sector over the coming century.
The maritime sector is evolving at a rapid pace, navigating challenges such as decarbonisation, digitalisation, fleet renewal, financing and geopolitical conflict.
The event invited reflection on the past while forging ahead into the future and was certainly a highlight of the LISW 2023 calendar. The distinguished panel of experts represented a diverse spectrum of maritime perspectives, including ship owners, technical managers, equipment manufacturers, legal experts, regulators, and decarbonisation specialists. Through their insights, the high-level discussion covered pressing topics such as:
- Existing and forthcoming emissions regulations.
- Legal ramifications for ship owners and operators.
- Insurance and finance strategies for emerging ships and technologies.
- Assessing demand, availability, and scalability of green fuels and technologies.
- Technical implementation of vessel emission reductions.
- Class implications for vessels and operators.