Help us make the world a greener and safer place to live!
Team Leader Process Engineer
We welcome the new regulations for a cleaner and safer environment. The next 4 years, thousands of ships worldwide will need new equipment to become compliant with IMO regulations, taking effect from 2020. In Yara Marine Technologies, we have the solution to make your ship compliant. Do you want to contribute to a cleaner global environment?
Yara Marine is expanding and we are looking for the right candidate with experience in process engineering from the maritime industry. As Team Leader you are responsible for a Team of Process Engineers and Piping Engineers working on our exhaust gas cleaning systems. You will work on securing and structuring the technical process design as well as leading, planning and delegating tasks in the group. You will also be in front of other technical disciplines, R&D, customers and suppliers, meaning some travel is required.
Your location will be in our new, fresh premises in Gothenburg.
“The maritime industry is facing a big environmental challenge demanding to cut emissions. Maritime scrubbers are part of the solution but also a relatively new technology, therefore challenging us from time to time. It’s exciting to be part of Yara Marine Technologies – a lot is happening in the industry and also within the company that has expanded quickly over the last year. What I appreciate the most in this company is the open atmosphere where everyone is reaching for the same goal and you get the chance of learning something new every week”.
– Sofie Ek, Process Engineer
- Support and develop your team members
- Reviewing of PID, design calculations and analysis, project specifics and procurement specifications
- Supplier contact and document reviewing
- Develop design standards and guidelines
- Support and contribute to optimization and development of the product portfolio and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or similar, or equivalent work experience
- Several years of combined experience in process design in petrochemical-, energy- or marine industry
- Experience with calculation of pumps and pipes
- Fluently in English
- Emission control
- FMEA and HAZOP
As Team Leader you are a good listener and collaborator with the ability to engage and inspire others. You are structured and drive your team and the development forward, representing the company in contact with customers and suppliers – social skills are key.
This is what we offer
An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, market leading company at the forefront of green technology in and open and inspiring working environment where your energy and will makes a difference.