Senior Compliance Engineer
Help us to make the world a greener place to live!
We welcome the new legal requirement for stricter environmental regulations. Over the next years, thousands of ships worldwide will need new equipment to meet the latest IMO emissions regulations.
We at Yara Marine Technologies can solve the marine sector’s environmental requirements with our energy efficient solutions that have proven to work with great success. Do you want to help reduce environmental impact and promote a cleaner global environment?
We are seeking a Marine Senior Compliance engineer to join Yara Marine Technologies (YMT) team.
The Engineering Department is a vital part of YMT’s project execution team. YMT inhouse engineering disciplines include mechanical, process, electrical, automation design as well as Technical writer, Technical trainer and Compliance engineer.
The role will be owner of the statutory and class approval processes, be advisor and make guidance for our PMs and be YMTs point of contact with class societies as well as responsible for Technical writers and documentation output.
We are looking for someone who will relate successfully to colleagues and customers and has excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
The main focus is to be a single point of contact for class representants.
Establish Plan and Routines
- Prepare and keep updated generic compliance approval plan for projects (with timeline)
- Prepare compliance schedule for each Project with list of all documents that are subjected for statutory and class approval
- Establish and use reporting routine to Project Managers
- Establish and own contact channels with Classes (including Document Handling Systems)
- Ensure that class requirements are up to date and communicate updates to organization
- Implement tools and templates needed to execute approvalprocess
- Be a focal point for all class related questions that may arise during project execution phase
- Drive internal improvements based on class comments
Plan and Manage
- Manage, monitor and improve work of statutory documents in terms of approval process
- Ensure Class is well informed about Project portfolio and therefore can plan document review capacity as well as capacity of surveyors attending FATs and Sea trials
The Compliance engineer must have the administrative and communication skills to manage all interfaces. It´s necessary to have good knowledge of the topics as well as cooperation and planning skills, ability to influence and question the regulatory challenges and differences between classes.
Knowledge of Marine Engineering and/ or scrubber technology or other similar background is an advantage.
For the right candidate we offer an exciting career opportunity in an innovative and fast growing global company. We offer great potential for personal and professional growth as well as the opportunity to work with cutting edge green technology.
For more information about the position, contact Maria Ahlén på telefon 0708-490288 at Intenso Teknikrekrytering AB.
Let’s make the world a greener place! We welcome your application as soon as possible, selection is done continuously.