Process/Chemical Engineer - Maritime
About the unit
Yara Marine Technologies AS
Yara Marine Technologies designs and delivers high quality exhaust gas cleaning technology to the shipping industry. Since 2010 we have delivered more than one hundred SOx scrubbers and more than 1600 SCR systems to shipping clients world wide. Today we are among the world’s top three companies in this important environmental business segment.
The company has offices in China, Germany, Sweden and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Over the last year Yara Marine has had a substantial expansion and as a result, we are looking for a Process/Chemical Engineer to further strengthen our R&D division.
About the position
Our Process/Chemical Engineer has both practical and theoretical experience in process design within pipe systems and mechanical equipment for marine processing systems. The right candidate also has a process / mechanical background. As a person, you are proficient and prestigious, you are analytical and responsive and a distinct teamplayer.
– Product manager for chemical dosing systems
– Identify existing limitations of the scrubber system and proactively work towards better solution.
– Work with Process and Automation departments for continuous improvement for the hybrid scrubber system
– Gather technical market intelligence (e.g. competitor analysis)
– Chemical/ solids consumption and material balance
– Pilot testing and technology/ product development assistance
– Work together with suppliers for continuous improvement
– Support site team and work together on process related issues
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering (Process/Environmental/Chemical) discipline but longer practical experience can compensate for this requirement
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Good social skills
- Practical workshop/installations experience
- Good knowledge with the PID
- Team Player
- Experience from shipping industry, either as equipment supplier or from shipowner/shipyard side will have added value but fresh graduates are highly encouraged to apply
- Willingness to travel
For the right candidate we offer an exciting career opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing global company. We offer great potential for personal and professional growth as well as the opportunity to work with cutting edge green technology.
If your profile fits the requirements and you want to work at the forefront of green ship technology, please send your CV and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and if you have any questions please call Mrs Sridevi Tharigopula on: +47- 98435635 or email email@example.com .
Deadline:25th Feb 2019